Happy Weekend, all.
This will be the last Five for the remainder of 2020.
I want to thank you all for reading the Capital-Star during the strangest of years. Your support kept us going through a pandemic, personal losses, shutdowns, and an election year, and we don’t take that lightly.
On behalf of the Capital-Star team, many thanks for your readership, support and feedback this year.
Looking back on the year, the “good” came in the form of little things that made for momentary, if fleeting, bliss.
To recap, here are a few good things to come out of 2020:
1. A vaccine.
2. A distraction in the form of a squirrel obstacle course.
3. We found new and creative ways to see our loved ones while being socially distant.
4. We reconnected with nature.
5. When COVID-19 changed our holiday plans, we made new, more resilient traditions.
6. We found ways to help each other, our causes, those in need.
As always, the Top 5 Most-Read Stories from this week are below.
Cheers to a safe and happy new year,
Cassie Miller, Associate Editor