Continuing our breakdown from last week, here’s how the rest of Pennsylvania’s $2.6 billion portion of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act funds are being appropriated across state agencies and programs.
Department of Health
$10 million … appropriated to Community-based health care centers.
- The funds may only be used to cover necessary COVID-19 related costs not otherwise reimbursed by Federal, State or other sources of funds and must be used for costs incurred between March 1, 2020, and November 30, 2020
$10 million … appropriated to Vaccine, Treatment and Therapy Development for Qualified Biotech.
Department of Human Services
$692 million … appropriated to long-term living programs.
- The funds are being used:
- $175 million … for health collaboratives,
- $245 million … for nonpublic and county nursing homes,
- $140 million … for personal assistance services,
- $50 million … for personal care homes and assisted living residences,
- $13 million … for adult day care services,
- $1 million … for residential habilitation,
- $10 million … for LIFE providers,
- $50 million … for Community HealthChoices,
- $8 million …. for ventilator or tracheostomy providers,
$260 million … appropriated to Intellectual Disabilities/Autism Programs.
$116 million … appropriated to Child Care Services.
- The funds will be distributed based on the results of a study of the economic impacts of child care closures during the COVID-19 emergency
$10 million … appropriated to Critical Access Hospitals.
$10 million … appropriated to Domestic Violence Programs.
$10 million … appropriated to Homeless Assistance Services.
$8 million … appropriated to legal services.
Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency
$50 million … appropriated to Fire Company and EMS Grant Program.
- $44 million for fire companies
- $6 million for EMS companies
$50 million … appropriated to Health Care System Assistance.
- Funds can be used to acquire medical equipment and supplies for health care entities to meet urgent patient and staff needs to address surge demand — entities include: hospitals, nursing facilities and emergency medical services.
- Note: this appropriation reverses the transfer made from various funds to purchase these supplies
Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency
$175 million … appropriated to Mortgage and Rental Assistance.
- No more than $25 million for mortgage relief.
- Funds may be used for mortgagors and renters eligible if they became unemployed after March 1, 2020, or their annual household income was reduced by 30 percent or more.
- Funds are available to landlords, renters, mortgagees and mortgators.
- The maximum award for renters is $750 per month, for six months.
- The maximum award for mortgators is $1,000 per month, for six months.
Property Tax Relief
Up to $300 million may be appropriated to the Property Tax Relief Fund in order to make the full property tax relief payment to school districts and homeowners as in prior years.