Senate Democrats hit the road in September for addiction open house series
Photo via Flickr Commons
Pennsylvania Senate Democrats will hold 10 open house events across the state in September, where their constituents can share stories of addiction and recovery and find resources for battling substance use disorder, the caucus announced Tuesday.
The events commemorate September as National Recovery Month, which honors people and their loved ones who are living with substance use disorders, Senate Democrats spokeswoman Brittany Crampsie said in a press release.
The events will begin on Thursday, Sept. 12 in Delaware County and conclude Sunday, Nov. 29 near Pittsburgh. Recovery specialists, family counselors, and legal experts will be at each session to talk with attendees, according to the release.
State agencies including the Department of Health, Department of Human Services, and the office of the Attorney General will also be present alongside personnel from local agencies and addiction treatment groups.
Senate Democrats hosted a similar series last year, according to the release. Members of the caucus are “hopeful that those fighting addiction and their families find the resources useful in the battle against addiction,” the release states.
The full schedule of events is listed below. All events are free and open to the public.
- Sept. 12, 6–8:30 p.m., Delaware County Community College, 901 Media Line Road, Media, Pa. 19063. Hosted by Sen. Tim Kearney.
- Sept. 16, 5:30–8 p.m., New Life Presbyterian Church, 467 N Easton Rd, Glenside PA. Hosted by Senator Art Haywood.
- Sept. 16, 5–8 p.m., William Penn Middle School, 1524 Derbyshire Rd, Yardley PA. Hosted by Senator Steve Santarsiero.
- Sept. 17, 6–8:30pm, Westmoreland County Community College, 1150 5th Avenue, Rm. 132, New Kensington, PA 15068. Hosted by Senator Jim Brewster.
- Sept. 18, 5:30–8 p.m., Masjidullah, Inc., 7433 Limekiln Pike, Philadelphia, Pa. Hosted by Senator Art Haywood.
- Sept. 19, 6–8:30 p.m., Lower Providence Fire Company, 3199 Ridge Pike, Eagleville, PA. Hosted by Senator Katie Muth.
- Sept. 21, 10 a.m.–2 .p.m., Montgomery Elementary School, 1221 Stump Rd, North Wales PA. Hosted by Senator Maria Collett.
- Sept. 26, 6–8 p.m., The Mummers Museum, 1100 S 2nd Street, Philadelphia, Pa. Hosted by Senator Larry Farnese.
- Sept. 27, 6–8 p.m., Pioneer Hose, 124 Morgan Street, Brackenridge, PA 15014. Hosted by Senator Lindsey Williams.
- Sept. 29, 3–5 p.m., The Chartiers Room, 370 Commercial Street, Bridgeville, PA 15017. Hosted by Senator Pam Iovino.
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site.