Pa. Health Dept opens 10 new COVID-19 testing sites in WalMart parking lots
On Monday, Gov. Tom Wolf announced that 10 new COVID-19 testing sites would be opening across the state.
The drive-thru testing sites are located in Walmart parking lots and are available at no-cost. There are currently 19 Walmart testing sites statewide and 430 total COVID-19 testing locations, according to the Department of Health.
“We continue to add testing sites in locations that are convenient for Pennsylvanians and increase the state’s testing capabilities,” Wolf said. “We do not want any Pennsylvanian in need of a test to have difficulty finding a location close to home for a free test.”
The nine new Walmart testing sites are in the following locations:
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 1887 Elmira St, Sayre, PA
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 1665 N Atherton St, State College, PA
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 108 Washington Towne Blvd N, Edinboro, PA
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 2501 W State St, New Castle, PA
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 1566 W Main Street Ext, Grove City, PA
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 9300 State Route 61, Coal Township, PA
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 980 N Susquehanna Trail, Selinsgrove, PA
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 120 AJK Blvd, Lewisburg, PA
- Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 1169 South Main St, Mansfield, PA
Starting June 17, these sites will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. to test up to 50 registered patients daily. Registration is required one day in advance.
In addition to these testing sites, UPMC Northwest opened a COVID-19 testing site in Venango County, where there is currently only one other testing site.
The new site is located at 1671 Allegheny Blvd, Reno, Pa., and is open each week, Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. by appointment only. To schedule an appointment at this location, call 1-833-559-7680.
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics.