Replica of Drake’s Engine House and Derrick built in 1945 taken from the Museum Exhibit Building. (Photo from the Drake Well Museum and Park).
Pennsylvania’s state-owned historic sites and museums will begin welcoming in-person visitors back starting April 30, the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) announced Wednesday.
On April 30, the State Museum of Pennsylvania and the more than two dozen sites under state jurisdiction will begin operating under reduced hours and limited capacity, which will vary by site.
The Pennsylvania State Archives, PHMC administrative offices and the State Historic Preservation Office will remain closed.
Visitors and staff of the soon-to-reopen sites will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
The state-owned sites will reopen to school groups, including homeschool groups, this fall, PHMC confirmed in a statement.
Details, including hours of operation and COVID mitigation measures can be found on the website of the specific locations:
- Brandywine Battlefield Park, Chadds Ford
- Bushy Run Battlefield, Jeannette
- Conrad Weiser Homestead, Womelsdorf
- Cornwall Iron Furnace, Cornwall
- Daniel Boone Homestead, Birdsboro
- Drake Well Museum, Titusville
- Eckley Miners’ Village, Weatherly
- Ephrata Cloister, Ephrata
- Erie Maritime Museum & Flagship Niagara, Erie
- Fort Pitt Museum, Pittsburgh
- Graeme Park, Horsham
- Hope Lodge, Ft. Washington
- Joseph Priestley House, Northumberland
- Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum, Lancaster
- Old Economy Village, Ambridge
- Pennsbury Manor, Morrisville
- Pennsylvania Anthracite Heritage Museum, Scranton
- Pennsylvania Lumber Museum, Ulysses
- Pennsylvania Military Museum, Boalsburg
- Pennsylvania State Archives, Harrisburg
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, Strasburg
- Somerset Historical Center, Somerset
- State Museum Of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site.